We welcome and love new contributions from our growing community. Here’s what you need to know:
- Word count: No minimums but posts typically run between 250-800 words. Please stay under 800 words.
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible, and generally positive. Take a look around and see what we’ve previously posted.
- We are not interested in SEO-driven submissions: If you work for a content farm or are a freelancer who writes articles for the sole purpose of linking up keywords in an effort to boost SEO, we are not interested.
- We do not want guest posts that are self-promotional or include marketing links. If your submission or bio references promote a business or service that is not in line with our philosophy (e.g. a weight-loss gimmick), then we are not interested. Wellness Within is proud to offer free programs and resources, and we intend to keep it that way. If you would like to be considered for an Expert Submission, please contact us.
- Biography: We do not compensate contributors for posts, however we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio. Please keep your bio to 2-3 sentences. We will not include links to your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest accounts, etc. Website links will be considered on an individual basis. If you would like to be considered for an Expert Submission, please contact us.
- Articles may be edited. Please don’t be offended if we suggest changes, fix grammar, add or remove links, etc. However, no major changes will be made without your approval. You are welcome to withdraw your post if there is not mutual consent of changes.
- Using content: By submitting to Wellness Within you acknowledge that you accept our terms. A submission is not a guarantee that we will use your content.
What Do We Look For?
- We give our readers content about cancer wellness that is informative, inspiring, and entertaining.
- We are interested in helpful posts with actionable tips or surprising facts.
- We also love personal stories that reflect a cancer experience. Are/were you a caretaker for someone going through cancer? Did some method (yoga, meditation, nutrition) heal you from cancer? What has living with cancer taught you? Share your story with readers!
- We appreciate recipes that take into consideration cancer prevention and wellness. If you’re submitting a recipe, please be sure to include (1) how many servings it will yield; (2) a full list of ingredients; and (3) a short introductory paragraph explaining why this recipe pertains to cancer wellness (4) optional: why you like that particular dish or why you think it’s worth making, etc.
Guidelines & Tips:
- If your post contains links, please search Wellness Within before linking to outside sources. We may already have the content you’re looking for.
- Personalization is always great.
- Once your posts go live, please share with your friends via email, your website, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media you use. The more people who view your post, the better it is for you and the better it is for Wellness Within.
- We love connecting with new contributors. Please keep in mind that the people in charge of reviewing and approving blog posts play many different roles within Wellness Within. Please be patient with us. If you have not heard back from us in 21 days, feel free to contact us again.
- If you’re including links, please note them in brackets after the appropriate text, like this [http://www.wellnesswithin.org]. Please do not hyperlink.
- Add a space inbetween paragraphs, rather than indenting for a new paragraph.
- Use single space.
- Please email us the following if you’re ready to submit your post:
- Your full post with a title. Please send this within the body of an email or attached as a word document.
- Any relevant images for your blog post with links to original source if you do not own the image rights. We do not guarantee we will use your image.
- Your name and title (if applicable) or brief bio (less than 120 words)
- All of the above can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please keep in mind that if your post is accepted it might require editing which can include copy, title, and image changes. If any changes within your document are made, we will confirm with you before posting on our website.
- If you would like to be considered for an Expert Submission, please contact us with your proposal.
Wellness Within makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the completeness, accuracy, or appropriateness for any purpose of any information or content contained in its programs. Please seek advice of professionals as appropriate regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or content.
Terms and Conditions
1. We May Discontinue or Suspend Our Site or Terminate Your Use: We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, our site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Wellness Within shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of our site. In addition, we reserve the right to terminate your access to our site for any reason, and to take any other actions that Wellness Within, in its sole discretion, believes to be in the interest of our company and of our users as a whole.
2. We Have All Rights In Our Site and Content; You Grant Us Certain Rights When You Submit Content to Us:
(a) Our site (including all text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content contained on our site) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein. All individual articles, blogs, videos, content and other elements comprising our site are also copyrighted works, and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained on our site.
(b) By posting or submitting content on or to our site (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise), you are giving us, and our affiliates, agents and third party contractors the right to display or publish such content on our site and its affiliated publications (either in the form submitted or in the form of a derivative or adapted work), to store such content, and to distribute such content and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, with respect to any video submissions to us made by you from time to time, you understand and agree that (unless you and we agree otherwise) we may, or may permit users to, based solely on functionality provided and enabled by our website, compile, re-edit, adapt or modify your video submission, or create derivative works therefrom, either on a stand-alone basis or in combination with other video submissions, and (unless you and we agree otherwise) you shall have no rights with respect thereto and we or our licensees shall be free to display and publish the same (as so compiled, re-edited, adapted, modified or derived) for any period.
(c) You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (I) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms and Conditions; and (II) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in such submissions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms and Conditions. In furtherance of the foregoing, you agree that you will not: (I) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein; (II) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; (III) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; or (IV) post advertisements or solicitations of business. We reserve the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice. You understand that when you submit content in any form to Wellness Within we may authorize such content to be distributed or syndicated to or published on other Wellness Within -branded environments.
3. You Have Rights if You Believe Your Copyright is Being Infringed: If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that any of our content infringes upon your copyright, please contact us.
4. You Will Be Responsible for Any Harm We Suffer as a Result of Your Violation of These Terms and Conditions or Any Breach by You of Your Representations and Warranties: You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Wellness Within and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of these Terms and Conditions or any breach by you of your representations and warranties hereunder. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section 6. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
5. Your Use of Our Site is Subject to Certain Disclaimers: OUR SITE IS AVAILABLE “AS IS.” WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT OUR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS AND INACCURACIES IN THE NEWS, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SITE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO OUR SITE OR ANY INFORMATION THAT IS AVAILABLE ON OUR SITE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, NOR DO WE ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OR DATABASE DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED ON THIS SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH LINKS ON OUR SITE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ON OUR SITE. ALTHOUGH WE INTEND TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES, WORMS, “TROJAN HORSES” OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS TO OUR SITE, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT OUR SITE OR MATERIALS THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED FROM OUR SITE DO NOT CONTAIN SUCH DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR HARM ATTRIBUTABLE TO SUCH FEATURES. IF YOU RELY ON OUR SITE AND ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SITE, YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
OUR SITE MAY CONTAIN VARIOUS COMBINATIONS OF TEXT, IMAGES, AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCTIONS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS, FACTS, ARTICLES, OR OTHER INFORMATION CREATED BY US OR BY THIRD-PARTIES. DUE TO THE NUMBER OF SOURCES FROM WHICH CONTENT ON OUR SITE IS OBTAINED, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN SUCH CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, SUCH CONTENT IS FOR YOUR REFERENCE ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON BY YOU FOR ANY PURPOSE.
6. We are Not Responsible for Linked Sites: We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to our site. Because we have no control over such services, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external services, and that we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such services. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through such services.
7. We May be Legally Compelled to Disclose Certain Information: You agree that in the event we receive a subpoena issued by a court or from a law enforcement or government agency, we shall comply with such subpoenas without your consent or prior notice to you and may disclose your IP address, username, name, IP location or other information in response thereto.